The main areas of research in which we are working.
- “A cluster based competitiveness strategy for an Inclusive development”
Building a unique strategy. In an increasingly demanding society of new transformative models, while mitigating inequality around the world, in the pursuit of inclusive growth and development, an important number of different lines of thought converge and movements committed to providing new solutions. Companies, Governments, Academia and people communities themselves incorporate, with greater or lesser intensity, new strategies aligned with those objectives.
At Enovatinglab, since our particular “journey in/to competitiveness and prosperity, “cocreating company-society value”, we have been working, over time, on a series of projects and instruments that have contributed to understand, commit and co-create solutions, anticipating events, from our prospective observation and design and implementation of strategies. Thus, at four critical moments, we provoked different “reconsiderations” about what we understood demanded concrete times, advancing changes to incorporate into our strategies:
1. “Coopetitive alliances for the New Economy: Businesses, Governments, Innovative Regions” … reconciling the inevitability of cooperative answers (competing and cooperating at the same time), between different public and private agents weaving commitments and alliances before a so-called New Economy to arrive.
2. “Global Economic Crisis” and “Answers to the great global recession” that led to one of the worst scenarios, from a globalized financial crisis from which we still pay and suffer its origin, consequences and decisions made in the face of its solution. Economy to come.
3. “Clusterizing and Glokalizing the economy”, emphasizing the necessary clusterization of economic activity, overcoming the old traditional sectors and the erroneous mythification of a “globalization” without limits and without the necessary gloKalized adequacy to the real situations and demands of different nations, regions and communities throughout the world.
4. The follow-up of the “Shared value – Company-Society Shared Value” movement questioning the role of companies and governments, in addition to the current socio-economic systems, focused on social demands and needs, the business model of the future companies.
Learning on this long way and the number of new questions to be solved leads us to seek the integration of demands, milestones, lines of work already undertaken to take a step further from its strategic convergence. The initial project sets out the following conceptual outline and follows Enovatinglab’s usual methodology in these processes:
Advance in paper and initiatives of research, publication and ongoing debate, generating, at the same time, the content of a final product and its publication.
Our presence (“Enovating Netting”) in multiple forums and partnerships is an ideal space for the continuous exchange of learning and contrast required.
- “The Paradox of Internationalisation”. In an increasingly internationalised world where there is a demand for distinctive local action a new role emerges for businesses and governments in which particular importance must be given to joint development and a new way of understanding (designing & implementing) the internationalisation and localisation of business, to bring it into line with the definition of territorial and/or base area competitiveness in the Glokalization general frame. (Enovating Lab)
- “Joint Creation of Value”. With the premise of redefining business models at firms oriented towards creating shared value, the concept of competitiveness takes its natural next step forward with the convergence of B+G+C partnerships, the incorporation of shared value heading towards a new vector, “Making the needs and demands of society into new corporate business models”. We are conducting applied research into three case studies in the health, energy and finance industries. (Enovating Lab – Uliker)
Other projects completed:
Some examples of collaborative research projects already completed with the participation of E-novatinglab.
- White Paper on European Inclusive Growth and Competitiveness. It is the result of the collaborative project of the European Inclusive Growth and Competitiveness Lab platform.(Enovating Lab, Europe Inclusive Growth and Competitiveness Lab of the World Economic Forum, European Investment Bank and Bruegel)
- “Competitive Cities and their connection to Global Value Chains”. The document is part of the series of three reports drawn up by the Global Advisory Council for the Competitiveness of the World Economic Forum in its latest 2014-2016 period focused on the essential role that the City-Regions played in Competitiveness. (Enovating Lab – Global Advisory Council for the Competitiveness of the World Economic Forum)
- “The Competitiveness of City Regions and their Effects as a Driver for the Competitiveness of their Firms”. The interaction of many studies and projects conducted by the different forums, firms and organisations with which we work is channelled towards the case of Bilbao and the Basque Country to “test” for the determining factors of competitiveness in a city region. (Collaborative project in the WEF-GAC in Competitiveness)
- “The Social Progress Index”. Participation in the drawing up of the Social Progress index at sub-national and/or infra-state level, identifying the distinguishing variables for its measurement and composition. (Enovating Lab, Social Progress Imperative, ORKESTRA)
- “Unlock the Competitiveness” opening its concepts and essential elements towards the true inclusive development, is the challenge that we set for 2015 and which has given rise to the new collaborative and applied research project undertaken from Enovating Lab. Faithful to our commitment with the interaction of the Academy, the Company, Territory and, above all, the ability to impact on Society, we are launching this new initiative. (Enovating Lab)
- “Development Strategies in Complex Regions” (Enovating Lab & Identorki. 2009-2010)
- “Perverse Convergence”. From success factors to causes of the crisis. (2008. Enovating Lab)
- “Clusterising the Economy”. Application to different industries and an approach based on the development of driver companies for internationalisation. (Enovatinglab + Business Strategies for Internationalisation)
- “Innovation in Corporate Strategy”. (R&D project in co-operation with B+I Strategy)
- Smart Hiria: “Facilitators for Creating a Smart City”. (Enovating Lab)
- Jakin Bask: “Smart Territories”. Spaces for creative economics in the knowledge society. (Tecnalia, University of the Basque Country, Fundación Metrópoli, Enovating Lab)