Jon AZUA is the President and founder of Enovating Lab (2003).
Born in Bilbao, he graduated in Industrial Engineering from the Universities of Anáhuac and UNAM (Mexico) and the Basque Country (the ETSIIT in Bilbao). He obtained a master’s degree in Economics and Business Administration (MBA) from the University of Navarre (IESE-Barcelona) and a PhD (Doctorate in Business & Public Administration) from the Lasalle University in the USA.
Professor and researcher, a member of the MOC Network Leadership Team (Institute for Strategy and Competitiveness, Harvard University) www.isc.hbs.edu, made up of 120 universities and institutes across the five continents, and a member of the Competitiveness Advisory Group of the World Economic Forum (www.weforum.org) and the Advisory Board of SINTONÍA - México (www.sintonia.mx). Professor at ORKESTRA-Basque Competitiveness Institute (www.orkestra.deusto.es).
He is currently a member of the boards of directors and advisor, among others, of the following companies:
- Praxis Pharmaceuticals Group (Biotechnology and Pharmacy) www.grupo-praxis.com
- Keralty - www.keralty.com
He is also a member of the executive committees of the following organizations:
- Solomon R. Guggenheim Foundation (Art and Culture) www.guggenheim.org
- Innobasque (Basque Innovation Agency) www.innobasque.com
- TECNALIA Technological Corporation www.tecnalia.com
- Senior Vice-president and Global Chief Strategy Officer in Keralty Group (since 2018) -before O.S.I.-
- Senior Vice-president of Strategy and Knowledge of O.S.I. (2015-2018)
- Vice-president of FENIX Group (2011-2016)
- Executive vice-president of the Guascor-Dresser Rand Group (2008-2012)
- Associate Director of Strategy and Industry of Public Services for the EMEIA region and its offices in Bilbao, in the Andersen and BearingPoint firms (1996-2003)
- Board member and General Director of the Bilbao Stock Exchange and Bilbao Plaza Financiera (1988-1991)
- Strategy, Competitiveness, Regional Development and Business & Government Consulting (since 1996). Advice to companies, Governments, international institutions and NON for PROFIT.
- Jon Azua - Enovatinglab is part of Consulting Affiliate Network in Shared Value Initiative (www.sharedvalue.org)
- External Professional Advisor of multiple companies and organizations (from 2006): TRADEBE Group, ORKESTRA- Basque Institute of Competitiveness, ORACLE-IBERIA, IMQ Group, FENIX Group, CENTAURO Group, etc.
- Promoter-founder and President of the Advisory Council of the Basque Competitiveness Institute-ORKESTRA (2003-2011)
- Director of the Basque Competitiveness Chair in CEIBS (Shanghai) (2008-2010)
- International advisor of the Competitiveness and Strategy Chair of the ITESM in Mexico (2002-2007)
- Member of the Advisory Council of Sintonía (UPAEP-Mexico) (since 2012)
- Participation in multiple research projects (of Enovatinglab and/or collaborative with third parties).
- Vicelehendakari (Vice-president) and Minister of Industry and Energy of the Basque Government (1991-1995)
- Minister-Secretary of the Presidency (1987-1988)
- Minister of Employment, Health and Social Security and President of OSAKIDETZA (Basque Health Service. 1985-1987)
- Provincial Minister for the Economic Promotion and Development of Bizkaia (1983-1985)
- Director of Economic Planning and Management (Department of Transport, Communications and Maritime Affairs. 1980-1982)
Main Publications (see Publications section)
- Eisenhower Fellowship & World Wide Leadership Award (1998)
- MOC-ISC Affiliate Network Hall of Fame. Harvard University (2012)
- IVC-ORKESTRA: Leading Competitiveness Impact (2013)
- Honorary Consul of Bilbao (2014)
For more information, you can see further details of this CV in a PDF version: